Monday, February 16, 2009

Job shadow day

I haven't done a post for a long time but I think this one will be really good.

On Friday the 13th it was a job shadow day for my school. I went to the vet office and they let me do a couple of things. First they gave me a tour of the place and I got to see all the animals that were in the back and what was wrong with them or if they just needed help or was just found on the street. This is a picture of a dog that was found on the side of the street.



I felt bad for this dog because it was very sad and whining.








This dog was having a needle put into his leg because it was being prepared for getting neutered.


In this photo they were putting a air tube down it's throat.






This is a picture of all the equipment in the operating room , they showed me what they all do and cool stuff like that.



I didn't take any pictures of the operation because wall, you know why.



This dog was pregnant and you can see the three babies in her stomach.





This dog ate staples. that would really hurt.




This dog jumped in front of a shot gun and got shot.


Overall I had a great day and it was fun to do.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Awesome post Landon. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your day at the vet clinic. You were able to experience some pretty cool things!!! Nice job!! Love you!

Simply Lavender said...

WOW!!! COOL BEANS!!!
What an awesome day you had!
How sweet is that? You did such a great job on your post!
Loved the pictures and everything! The one with the babies inside was really cool.
So glad you had the chance to go to the vet clinic. Thanks for sharing with us! woot...woot!
LUV U!


HUGS.

Matt S. said...

Nice 'blog post, Landon! Looks like a fun day with the vet :-)
Love,
theDad

Unknown said...

Landon cool job shadow day!
do you have any ideas for your Eagle scout project But sure and let us know how things progress and we will definately do our best to get there for your court of honor! Love, G. Lin